Tuesday, March 25, 2014

I've been with my fiance for the past 14 years and have 4 kids with him and the house is under my finace name. We never got married but live...

Question

I've been with my fiance for the past 14 years and have 4 kids with him and the house is under my finace name. We never got married but lived together as we were. He now is trying t get married with someone else and threating to take the house away and all our insurance plans that he listed us under. Is there any law that protect me as ''his common law'' wife. I know the law doesnt apply to CA but there is such thing as palimony. What rights do i have? Supposal? house?



Answer

Since you're not married, the law that governs your situation would be civil law and contract. Many details are required that should be shared with an experienced family law attorney in an office consultation to properly determine your legal options and rights.



No comments:

Post a Comment