Saturday, March 22, 2014

My soon to be ex husband and I agreed in mediation a parenting schedule. Kids are primarily with me, he gets them 2 evenings during week for...

Question

My soon to be ex husband and I agreed in mediation a parenting schedule. Kids are primarily with me, he gets them 2 evenings during week for dinner and every other weekend Fri-Mon. Morning. He is now saying he wants more time, other dads he knows get more time, etc...says he will fight me and I could lose a lot of the time I currently have. I have been a stay home mom since kids were born and my stance has been that I wanted structure, consistency, as little disruption to their daily lives. The current schedule that was agreed upon is already taking a toll to where the kids constantly complain about just wanting to stay put, dont want to go, etc. Is this request he may fight for, a losing battle for me?



Answer

If you and your ex cannot agree on the development of the parenting plan, then you may wish to consider going through a child custody evaluation and acquire a recommendation on the part of the expert.

I would urge you to continue trying to mediate together and resolve your differences. You have a lifetime of parenting with one another..



No comments:

Post a Comment