Tuesday, August 19, 2014

I have attempted on three occassions to serve some tenants that abandoned my property. On two occasions, the local sheriff's office was unsu...

Question

I have attempted on three occassions to serve some tenants that abandoned my property. On two occasions, the local sheriff's office was unsuccessful, so the third time I used a private server, that was unsuccessful as well. What I do know is, my ex-tenants are avoiding being served. The private server was able to make contact, however, the person being served would not open the door, nor could the server verify identity. I do not know where the person is being employed as she held a series of temporary jobs and various agencies. What alternatives do I have, when the county clerk told me that the person has to be served before court proceedings can begin? Thanks you!



Answer

Under certain circumstances (avoiding service is potentially one of them), you can serve a potential defendant via publication in the local paper. However, this is not something I would recommend trying yourself as it has to be done just right since it is not personal-type service.

www.macgregorlyon.com



Answer

At this point you need a lawyer, who likely can seek service by publication.



No comments:

Post a Comment