Friday, August 15, 2014

My spouse has applied for me in F2A category and it is under process (NVC says no visa is available now). If she applies for a I-131 and com...

Question

My spouse has applied for me in F2A category and it is under process (NVC says no visa is available now). If she applies for a I-131 and come back to her home country will it effect my VISA processing?



Answer

If your wife is a U.S. Legal Permanent Resident, then she only needs to apply for a Re-entry Permit (Form I-131) if she will be outside the country for 6 months or more.

Your wife applying for a Re-entry permit should not affect your I-130 petition.



Answer

Hello:

No. It will have no effect.



Answer

Hello - this is a complicated question. Please call my office at (212) 968-8600. Kind regards, RDM



No comments:

Post a Comment