Monday, September 22, 2014

if I don't agree on a settlement at mediation,can I still seek counsel and do mediation again,i am doing the divorce myself

Question

if I don't agree on a settlement at mediation,can I still seek counsel and do mediation again,i am doing the divorce myself



Answer

That often happens. However, it would be up to the Court. If opposing counsel agrees, that would not be a problem. If the case isn't ready for trial, a Motion For Temporary Relief can also be filed, which will usually require the case to mediated. In my 13 years of practicing family law, most attorneys will welcome returning to mediation if there is a realistic chance of resolving the case.



Answer

If the Agreement has been approved by the Judge it is their discretion as to any modification, there must be a valid reason such as fraud overreaching. In my area Judges will not modify for one year.



Answer

yes if the other side agrees you can mediate again.



No comments:

Post a Comment