Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Wife wants 100 custody of kids. I am trying to do joint 50/50 custody but don't know if I can get it since my work schedule is at night so ...

Question

Wife wants 100% custody of kids. I am trying to do joint 50/50 custody but don't know if I can get it since my work schedule is at night so she takes them to school and picks them up.... She deals with kids during the week and I spend the weekends that I'm off work with them. Is there a way to still get 50% joint custody?



Answer

You may be able to get joint custody but whether you can get them 50 per cent of the time depends on a number of factors including the age of the children and child care arrangements



Answer

It is possible to get close to, but not realistically to reach a 50/50 plan for a parent who cannot care for the children on week-nights. Joint legal custody, sure, but it's just logistically impossible to get to 50/50 when unable to have week-days and nights.



Answer

Joint legal custody means that you and your ex make health education and welfare decisions together for the benefit of the child. Actual parenting time share is based upon the specific needs of each family system. Your work schedule must be taken into consideration when it comes to having quality not quantity time with your children.



No comments:

Post a Comment