Thursday, January 2, 2014

Hi, I have received 'Notice of Intent to Revoke H1B Visa from USCIS. They have not visited my work place. I dont the reason of this revocati...

Question

Hi, I have received 'Notice of Intent to Revoke H1B Visa from USCIS. They have not visited my work place. I dont the reason of this revocation. Probably my employer might know

My questions around this are,

1. Are there any chances that my visa gets revoked ?

2. The important problem I have is, I was about to switch my job. My new employer is about to file transfer of my H1B.

What should I do ? should I go ahead and file for transfer or not ?

The H1B transfer filing will be done in premium process so indeed I will have new Visa. So since I will have new H1B even if my old Visa gets revoked, will it impact my new Visa ?

Please share your knowledge or experience so that I could take decision at the earliest.



Answer

You need to ask your employer for a copy of the notice of intent to revoke so you will know what the issue is. If the issue is with the employer and not with your qualifications a transfer to a new employer should be fine. But your questions can't really fully be answered without knowing what is in the intent to revoke notice.



Answer

First, you need to know why USCIS intends to revoke your visa. So, you must obtain a copy of the Notice from your employer. Also, if your visa is revoked, then you will not be eligible to transfer employers, since you will lose H-1B status. Hopefully your employer has an immigration attorney handling this matter. Good luck.



No comments:

Post a Comment