Thursday, March 20, 2014

My wife filed for divorce and we have been in agreement with everything so far. I just have a couple questions for clarification.1. What is ...

Question

My wife filed for divorce and we have been in agreement with everything so far. I just have a couple questions for clarification.

1. What is the difference between Joint Physical Custody and Parenting Time with a split at 50/50?

2. I would like to move out of our home but I'm concerned with "abandonment" being taken into consideration when it comes to custody of the children. Is there a chance it could be held against me even though we are in agreement on custody terms?



Answer

A 50/50 parenting time schedule would be an example of a joint physical custody. As for abandonment, it could possibly hurt you with claims to the house or to the property, but as long as you are seeing and providing for your children it should not hurt you in regards to custody or parenting time.



Answer

You're really thinking about handling a divorce case without a lawyer? You can't be serious. Why would you risk your home, your kids and yourself? Quit being silly. Hire an attorney.



No comments:

Post a Comment