Wednesday, June 25, 2014

I have 68/32 custody of my 7 year old and his dad is taking me back to court to try and get 50/50. the order was made 4 months ago what are ...

Question

I have 68/32 custody of my 7 year old and his dad is taking me back to court to try and get 50/50. the order was made 4 months ago what are his chances?



Answer

Given that the court has broad discretion to order any custody schedule the court finds to be "in the best interests of the minor child," there is a great deal of guessing in predicting a custody hearing outcome even with all the facts and information available when representing a party. Given that you have not provided even a single detail about the case, I could flip a coin and be as accurate as anything I could tell you based on your question as asked.



Answer

A complex question deserving the attention of an experienced family law attorney in an office consultation.



Answer

If there are no new facts about the issue since the last custody order - his chances aren't good. But, if he is alleging something significant has happened since the order (e.g. you started using drugs, domestic violence, neglect etc.), I defer to the above answers.



No comments:

Post a Comment