Sunday, June 22, 2014

I purchased a used car on Dec. 9,2013. The sale was made with the stipulation that the car would be paid for in full pending a Personal Inju...

Question

I purchased a used car on Dec. 9,2013. The sale was made with the stipulation that the car would be paid for in full pending a Personal Injury suit which was

supposed to be settled in December. They are now demanding the money or that they will hold the car for me (they are saying that I night have to return the car tomorrow) until my case is settled. I put no money down but they did take my car which was thirteen years old but gave me nothing for it. My son had paid almost $400.00 the previous week to have a new radiator installed

Do I have any rights?

9



Answer

Look at your paperwork! If the paperwork does not spell out what to do if the case does not settle by December (you can guess, but NEVER know, when a case in NJ will resolve), the attorney (or dealership manager) drafting the paperwork is an idiot. Unless the paperwork says you return the car if not paid by a certain date, they are shit out of luck. That does not mean they have no options, it just means they have to go to court to have a judge figure out what happens if the paperwork does not spell it out.



No comments:

Post a Comment