Friday, August 15, 2014

My son just made his 10th birthday on Nov. 3rd, 2003. We went back and forth to the hospital behind a condition called pyloric stenosis. The...

Question

My son just made his 10th birthday on Nov. 3rd, 2003. We went back and forth to the hospital behind a condition called pyloric stenosis. They misdiagnosed him and he could have died. We are in Texas, recently I read that he has until his 18th birthday to file. Then I read somewhere else that he has from the age of 12 until the age of 14. Now most recently I see that there is a 10 year time barred for these type of cases which is it when filing for a minor? Will I be able to file for him without the case being dismissed or does the 10 year time barred apply to this case as well?



Answer

It appears you live in Houston. Call a medical malpractice attorney and meet with him/her in person and discuss the details. Texas law is complicated regarding statue of limitations. Do so now - don't wait! And, please do not rely on things you read on the internet!!

Look on this website and on www.avvo.com for an attorney - look under medical malpractice or personal injury.

Good luck!



No comments:

Post a Comment