Sunday, September 21, 2014

My uncle lives in Costa Rica and he wants to put me on his will. I live in California. He asked me to email him a photocopy of my passport s...

Question

My uncle lives in Costa Rica and he wants to put me on his will. I live in California. He asked me to email him a photocopy of my passport so he could give to his attorney who will write up the will. I am concerned about giving away a copy of my passport and I need to know legally why he needs it and how he is going to use it. Why is it required to put my name on a will? Is it safe to email a photocopy of my passport?



Answer

No is the answer to all of your questions. don't do it. Uncle doesn't need any document to put your name in the will; he knows your name and where you live; that is enough. Do not give him any other information. No exceptions.



No comments:

Post a Comment