Wednesday, March 25, 2015

A few months ago my boyfriend let me set up an online account for his cell phone because I needed to find out what kind of phone his son had...

Question

A few months ago my boyfriend let me set up an online account for his cell phone because I needed to find out what kind of phone his son had so I could order him a phone case. He thought I deleted it afterwards but didn't. I recently was able to find out he had been cheating on me from texts available through his online account. I called the other woman & confronted him. I have since blocked both their numbers & am trying to move on. He told a mutual friend that he was going to sue me for invasion of privacy. Can he do that considering he gave me the information to set up the account?



Answer

I doubt there is much to worry about. Even if he did sue you, he has to prove financial damages. based on what you said, there are no damages.



Answer

I think Mr. Love is correct. He can have no reasonable expectation of privacy if he gave you user privileges on the account. And his damages appear to be non-existent.



No comments:

Post a Comment