Tuesday, March 10, 2015

I need Court Certified copy of my Mother's Will, who died May 5, 1997, to file for unclaimed property being held by the Illinois State Treas...

Question

I need Court Certified copy of my Mother's Will, who died May 5, 1997, to file for unclaimed property being held by the Illinois State Treasurer.

I now have the original Will, but the executor, my brother, who just died May 9, 2014 never file the Will with the probate court. Can I still file this will with the Cook county probate court, and if so how do I do this seeing that I live in Florida?



Answer

I think Ill. will require you to probate the will and then seek an ancillary administration in Ill. If so, retain counsel. Good luck.



Answer

The will should be filed in the county that your mother was a resident.

Since more than 2 years have passed-you can do a summary probate proceeding-you will need an attorney.



Answer

Contact an attorney in Illinois.



No comments:

Post a Comment