Sunday, June 1, 2014

My father passed away and had recently bought me a new 2013 SUV and I had been making the payments. When the bank found out he had died they...

Question

My father passed away and had recently bought me a new 2013 SUV and I had been making the payments. When the bank found out he had died they refused to take anymore payments from until I get some type of documentation. I need help on finding out what I need to do now?



Answer

if the car is in his name, you likely need to probate an Estate to clear the title. Are there any other heirs who may have a claim? Seek some legal advice from an attorney.



Answer

It depends on if your father had a will and if other children or heirs are present.

You will need an estate planning/probate attorney to assist you.



No comments:

Post a Comment