Friday, July 25, 2014

My car got hit while parked in my apartment parking lot a couple weeks ago. It appears to be damage from the back of a salt truck as recreat...

Question

My car got hit while parked in my apartment parking lot a couple weeks ago. It appears to be damage from the back of a salt truck as recreated by a local ford body shop. Both my management and the plow company are declining liability and I have even reached out to the plow company through email with no response. The only proof I have is that they came much closer to my car then others following the snow line and the damage is by a very firm hit from a slice of metal like the plating on the end of a salt truck. No cars in the lot have damage that would match mine. Should I and if so is it worth perusing? It's a 1200 dollar repair



Answer

If you want to pursue it, your best course of action is to do so in small claims. I am sure your lease has a disclaimer for such damage for the landlord. However, the Plow company would be responsible if there is a way to prove it.

The problem is that there are no witnesses and the Ford Dealer while it may provide a report is not going to get involved.

Frankly I would send a demand letter to the Plow Company and see if they give you an offer of something,. Absent a witness or a stronger proof that they did this to your car you have a case of I think they did it and no proof they did.



No comments:

Post a Comment