Tuesday, October 21, 2014

i've been divorced for a few years, i've recently seen an attorney for child support and during my consultation I was informed the home was ...

Question

i've been divorced for a few years, i've recently seen an attorney for child support and during my consultation I was informed the home was still under "court jurisdiction". I would like to take my ex back to court and inforce child support and get a ruling on the home, as I'd like to stay in the home and stop being harrassed by him. I can not afford a retainer, so if its possible to find out how to do this and the forms I need to fill out, I would very much appreciate it. Thank you.



Answer

You should file and serve a request for order to deal with the division of the family home. Please note that California family law requires that property be divided. If you cannot buy your exes interest out of the home, it may have to be sold. Please meet with an experienced family law attorney to explore your legal options.



No comments:

Post a Comment