Tuesday, October 21, 2014

This is a privacy question. There is a friend of my family that works at a title company as a closer. She has on several occasions pulled ou...

Question

This is a privacy question. There is a friend of my family that works at a title company as a closer. She has on several occasions pulled out her IPad and looked up my mortgage, tax, insurance information for my home when someone has asked questions about my property. This always happens when I try not to answer information specifically and she begin telling people everything she can about the property. I have asked her repeatedly to not do this, but her response is always the same; "It is public record and I am allowed to look at this." To me, that is just wrong. I know it is public record, but are there no privacy laws that protect people from this kind of intrusion? Should she be able to tell people, what I paid, who holds the mortgage, what I pay in taxes, who my insurance company is....all that? It just seems wrong to me.



Answer

it is accessible on line to everyone who wants to see it. her status as a closing agent has nothing to do with this ability. she could speak about it in your house or anywhere else she chooses. why is she in your home with people asking questions about your property? that seems to be the real issue to me.



No comments:

Post a Comment