Friday, December 26, 2014

how can I tell if the 30 day notice I recieved is a no fault eviction or the other kind what are the words to look for. how can Tell for sure.

Question

how can I tell if the 30 day notice I recieved is a no fault eviction or the other kind what are the words to look for.& how can Tell for sure.



Answer

A 30 day notice to vacate the premises is a "no fault" notice. "Fault" notices are 3 day notices, and give the tenant a chance to correct or cure the issue that the tenant is at fault for. They are worded in the alternative, such as a 3 day notice to pay rent or quit. In that situation, the tenant must pay the rent within 3 days or quit.

The eviction is the actual lawsuit - called an "unlawful detainer" - after you do not comply with the notice.

My answer here does not evaluate at all whether the notice is proper, which is not clear from your post.



No comments:

Post a Comment