Friday, December 26, 2014

My girlfriend has been in the care of her grandparents since the death of her mother. These people are abusive both physically and verbally ...

Question

My girlfriend has been in the care of her grandparents since the death of her mother. These people are abusive both physically and verbally to her. I'm horribly worried that something will happen if i don't do something soon for her. We have a very deep and committed long distance relationship and neither of us are 18 yet, but I will be in the summer. I need to know, how can I get her out of her grandparents' custody and either into my care, or one of her more caring and trustworthy relatives until I can take her in?



Answer

If your girl friend is afraid, she needs to make out-cry to an adult -- such as a minister, school official or a doctor. They are required by law to call CPS if a child makes out-cry about being physically abused. She can also call CPS herself.

You are a minor child under Texas law so you cannot really help her or take her in.

I hope this helps.



No comments:

Post a Comment