Thursday, December 25, 2014

How long do I have to serve a complaint filed with the Kendall Co. Il Courthouse to the defendant ?

Question

How long do I have to serve a complaint filed with the Kendall Co. Il Courthouse to the defendant ?



Answer

It depends on the type of case and who the defendant is.

If it is an injury case you have 2 years from the date of the incident causing the injury unless the individual was a government employee in the scope of employment then you only have a year.

Feel free to call me to talk about your case there is no fee and I can probably answer all of your questions in a few minutes.

Joe Klest



Answer

If you are filing a lawsuit I hope you have an attorney and are not attempting do do this alone(pro se).

Consult with some attorneys if you have not already.



No comments:

Post a Comment