Thursday, March 12, 2015

I filed for child support 4 years ago and he has yet to be served for a court date. Child support has and has verified ALL of his info I pro...

Question

I filed for child support 4 years ago and he has yet to be served for a court date. Child support has and has verified ALL of his info I provided for him. He recently moved to Texas a few months ago so the process has RESTARTED. What are some alternative options I can try to expedite the process? Also when an order is established will he has to pay for the time from while I filed my case (4 yrs ago) or from the time when he's served?



Answer

Contact the child support division of the Texas Attorney General's office. Their services for child support collection are free.

They can tell you what you need to do. All that may be necessary is to advise them or the entitity in your state that collects child support of his new contact information as well as his new employer.

Good luck.



No comments:

Post a Comment