Saturday, March 21, 2015

I have reached the age of consent in tx which is 17 and am involved in a relationship with an older man. My parents are divorced and have al...

Question

I have reached the age of consent in tx which is 17 and am involved in a relationship with an older man. My parents are divorced and have always tried to find reasons to sue each other. My mother is my primary parent and is concerned that my father will be able to take her to court over the issue. Is there any case where he would have any legal stance in claiming that I am a minor and my mother has allowed me to participate in activities that could fall under statutory rape laws or anything else as long as I still consent to the relationship? I am emotionally invested and do not wish to bring the relationship to an end but if it puts my mother at risk then I will take steps to make sure I do everything by the book to assure she will not be held responsible.



Answer

Stop pretending you know anything at all about the law. Not one sentence in your explanation was legally accurate. You cannot consent to statutory rape, by definition. You will be taken from your mother for failure to supervise. You will live with your father and your mother will have to pay him child support. Your mother could even lose her parental rights completely.

You are putting yourself and your mother at great risk.



No comments:

Post a Comment