Sunday, March 1, 2015

i switched my license plates with my mother in laws car because her plates where expired. some thing flew out the back of the truck and hit ...

Question

i switched my license plates with my mother in laws car because her plates where expired. some thing flew out the back of the truck and hit a lady but the only damaged it caused was it scratched her car. i wanted to pay for the damages in cash but she is trying to take advantage and ask for double what its worth. i want to know if i can get into trouble for switching the plate if she goes threw her insurance or if she takes me to small claims??

thank you



Answer

If law enforcement gets wind of your actions, and investigates this, you could be charged with a criminal offense. I would advise you to pay the damages and move on, and NEVER do any license plate switching again. I wish you well.....David



Answer

You committed a misdemeanor crime that you just confessed to here. However, dealing with her small claims case should not involve the plates unless you were also so foolish as to tell her about them. If you do get arrested on this, feel free to contact me for the legal defense help you'll need.



No comments:

Post a Comment