Friday, April 24, 2015

My daughter and Son-in-law and I bought a time share together, except just my name was on the deed. They paid half of the money. Three years...

Question

My daughter and Son-in-law and I bought a time share together, except just my name was on the deed. They paid half of the money. Three years ago I re-married. My Daughter and husband do not get alone with each other.

My daughter would like a legal document stating that they get the time share in the event of my untimely death if I die before he does. I have been told that in the state of FL my husband is legally half owner.

Is it possible to get a legal document stating that I want my daughter and son-in-law to have the timeshare if I die before he does?



Answer

Your will.



Answer

Speak to an attorney about doing a will. Your husband can get an elective share, at most, he is not automatically a 1/2 owner.



No comments:

Post a Comment