Sunday, April 26, 2015

I have been paying on a home for 5 years under a rent to own contract! Mortgage is $250, insurance is $85 each month plus I am responsible f...

Question

I have been paying on a home for 5 years under a rent to own contract! Mortgage is $250, insurance is $85 each month plus I am responsible for repairs and taxes. Last week I lost house to a fire, as insurance steps in, the the owners I was paying stated the contract expired in July and I am no more than a renter! Yet they have continued to charge me insurance, or give me any kind of notice as to expiration! And I didn't realize it as well! I believe they are doing this out of greed! I have replaced several large repair needs, (water heater and furnace) within the last 2 months! Also I payed payment 2 days before fire to which they haven't offered a refund, and I paid property tax 3 days before fire! House was a total loss! Am I screwed outta my investment??? Help!!



Answer

It sounds like you may be owed money from the insurance proceeds. You need to consult directly with a civil practice attorney in your area. Let then examine the documents relating to the lease purchase agreement, and the improvements you made to the house.

Good luck



No comments:

Post a Comment