Sunday, February 23, 2014

I have a judgement on my credit report which has been paid how do I remove this judgement? If I can't contact the corporation which placed t...

Question

I have a judgement on my credit report which has been paid how do I remove this judgement? If I can't contact the corporation which placed the judgement on my report how do I handle the situation. This has lingered for a couple of years and I need this cleared up in the next couple of days.



Answer

Forget about the corporation that made the report. Write to the credit bureau (I'd write to all three of them) - PAPER letter, no phone calls or emails - and send them documentation about the payment of the debt.

Send the letters by certified mail with a return receipt requested - it will cost you about $5.70 per letter.



No comments:

Post a Comment