Wednesday, May 21, 2014

I have been renting from All Florida Properties for two years and three months. I just received a letter from a sheriff officer that I have ...

Question

I have been renting from All Florida Properties for two years and three months. I just received a letter from a sheriff officer that I have to respond to in 20 days saying that the mortgage on the home I am renting has not been paid since August 2012. What can I do and why is it that I have been paying rent and the mortgage has not been paid.



Answer

The owner has apparently not paid the mortgage while keeping your rental. You have your tenancy rights still based on any written agreement. Without a written agreement, you have a right to remain per Federal Statute. You should consult with an attorney to determine your actual rights. Is All Florida Properties a management company or do they actually own the place you are renting? You should make sure to respond within 20 days to the summons you received.



No comments:

Post a Comment