Sunday, February 1, 2015

For years I have taken a shortcut to where I'm going by walking through a parking lot for offices nearby where I live. Suddenly the security...

Question

For years I have taken a shortcut to where I'm going by walking through a parking lot for offices nearby where I live. Suddenly the security officer there, who I've friendly talked to a number of times for a few years tells me and some others I know in the neighborhood who also have walked a short cut through there that unless we have business in one of the buildings we can no longer walk a short cut through there. The security officer was very nice about this but said his employer that is the security for these buildings told him to enforce this.

I have never caused any problems for anyone walking through there and I would highly doubt my friends who walk through there would. This is privately owned property.

Can they legally do this?



Answer

Yes, going onto other people's property is trespassing.



No comments:

Post a Comment