Sunday, January 19, 2014

How do I, as a landlord, stop the eviction process in court?After 6 months, My tenants are moving out today. Court date is still 2.3 weeks a...

Question

How do I, as a landlord, stop the eviction process in court?

After 6 months, My tenants are moving out today. Court date is still 2.3 weeks away. I want to cancel this UD, take back my house and be done! What papers do I submit to court? (doc # or name?)

I had a eviction service that started this for me but have since run out of money and am now on my own and lost. Please help!



Answer

Once you have possession of the property you may dismiss the case. There is a form for the dismissal that is fairly simple to fill out. You have the right to dismiss the anytime prior to trial.



Answer

When you are ready, you file a request for dismissal on a form that is free on the California Court's website. Send me a private email if you have trouble finding the form and need some more help.



No comments:

Post a Comment