Monday, March 16, 2015

Eleven years ago I was charged with misdemeanor possession of marijuana while in high school. The case was to be dismissed after the complet...

Question

Eleven years ago I was charged with misdemeanor possession of marijuana while in high school. The case was to be dismissed after the completion of a drug class and paying a fine within 60 days. I payed the fine but never took the class. I assumed the case would be closed with a guilty conviction. I have since graduated from collage with a bachelors in social work and a minor in substance abuse. I was shocked to discover my court record still listed the charge as a deferred prosicuation. Is this possible for the case to still be open after eleven years? How can I clear this up and get this case closed?



Answer

Thank you for your inquiry. If you would like to speak with an attorney, please contact our office at (919) 829-3500 to discuss this matter. We look forward to hearing from you.



No comments:

Post a Comment