Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Hi I'm from sweden and I lived in USA for 7 months on a J-1 visa. While I was there something terrible happended to me that made me drive wh...

Question

Hi

I'm from sweden and I lived in USA for 7 months on a J-1 visa. While I was there something terrible happended to me that made me drive while I was drunk. After this I just wanted to go home, and the attorney told me I could, the only problem was that it would be hard for me to get into USA again. So I never showed up at the court date since he said it was okay. I didn't get any problem in Sweden and I still have my driving licence and I have been traviling to italy once. Now I am going to Australia because of work and I am wondering if this is gonna show up in Australia when they scan my passport or something? I am really worried..

Thank you.



Answer

No, not too likely since even if you were tried and convicted of this crime of DUI in Virginia, it's still only a misdemeanor offense rather than a felony and therefore unlikely to show up in international criminal databases

(in my opinion)



Answer

Please call me at (212) 968-8600 or toll-free at (800) 750-1828. Kind regards, RDM



No comments:

Post a Comment