Sunday, April 19, 2015

My wife and I rented a bottom floor from your landlord who subleased to us. She doesn't own the house. We found out a few months ago that it...

Question

My wife and I rented a bottom floor from your landlord who subleased to us. She doesn't own the house. We found out a few months ago that its forecloser and is set for a short sale on july 15. We actually found a new place but our landlord has rented it out as soon as we leave on the 10th of july. I know its illegal and I don't want to the next ppl that get coned like we did cause if we knew back then we wouldn't have moved in.



Answer

The owner of the property can rent it out. Anyone who has possession by a written lease agreement and who is allowed to sublease can do that. The sale will divest the owner, but the new tenant has rights by statute if they have a written lease.



No comments:

Post a Comment