Thursday, April 24, 2014

My ex husband passed away recently. He has a house n brevard co that is in his name only. We have been reunited for several yrs and I am exe...

Question

My ex husband passed away recently. He has a house n brevard co that is in his name only. We have been reunited for several yrs and I am executor of his will

I understand i have no claim to the house nor do I want it

My question is: can I continue to live in the house without paying the mortgage until the bank goes into forclosure with it

I do not plan to stay there for more than a few months to take care of his things and find a place of my own

If the bank becomes aware of his death, can they immediately seize the house and its contents and leave me out in the street? Or is it relatively safe to continue staying and hope they do nothing for months or perhaps longer



Answer

Seek some actual legal help with your paperwork. You do not have to yield and leave the home without a Court Order. There is no self help for the bank to utilize.



No comments:

Post a Comment