Friday, August 15, 2014

I was a Field Service Supervisor for a manufacturing company that is currently in a civil law suit with a customer for which I was one of se...

Question

I was a Field Service Supervisor for a manufacturing company that is currently in a civil law suit with a customer for which I was one of several employees of the manufacturing company that worked on the project. I have not been employed by the manufacturing company since 12/2013. The project in dispute took place in 2012.

An attorney for the manufacturing company for which I used to work is trying to contact me about this civil suit. He wants to interview me and ask questions about what I recall about the project.

Do I have a legal obligation to talk to him? Can I just refuse to be involved as I am no longer employed by the manufacturer? Can I just not respond without consequences? How should I respond in order to best protect myself from further involvement in the matter?



Answer

Your best response in the situation described is probably no response at all (my opinion).



No comments:

Post a Comment